The Climate Technology Centre & Network (CTCN) facilitates the transfer of technologies through three core services :
- Providing technical assistance at the request of developing countries to accelerate the transfer of climate technologies;
- Creating access to information and knowledge on climate technologies.
- Fostering collaboration among climate technology stakeholders via the Centre’s network of regional and sectoral experts from academia, the private sector, and public and research institutions.
Through these services, we aim to address barriers that hinder the development and transfer of climate technologies, and to thereby help create an enabling environment for:
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions and climate vulnerability
- Improved local innovation capacities
- Increased investments in climate technology projects.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) hosts the CTCN in collaboration with the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and the support of a consortium of partners that are engaged in some 1,500 activities related to climate technologies in over 150 countries.